Venexiana Fall/Winter 2015

Nikita Metharamani, Staff Writer

Katie Stern debuted her Fall/Winter 2015 collection of Venexiana at Lincoln Center yesterday. Stern’s latest collection recreates her rock n’ roll inspired looks in a completely new perspective. While she maintains her classic roots of lace overlays and intricate jeweled designs, Stern emphasizes the importance of color and shape in her latest creations.

The show began with soft, nude tones in the evening gowns. As the show progressed, the palette and edge of the gowns developed, and the glamorous, punk evening gowns that Stern has been recognized for throughout her fashion career emerged.  The elegant designs ranged in color and fabric that included blacks, silvers, golds and dark teals.

Stern found her inspiration at the cubist exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She said, “It started with the color palette and it went into what you will see tonight.”

Of her company and its growing success, Stern said, “It’s spreading around more in Europe and US. I’m fortunate enough to have my Middle East clients—who I love by the way! “ She adds, “I see my company growing with limits. I feel that when a company becomes very large, something goes. And I just want to keep it in limitations as long as I can.”

Email  Nikita Metharamani at [email protected]