Designer’s Collective Fall/Winter 2015

Sora Yu, Contributing Writer

The Designer’s Collective Fall/Winter 2015 runaway show included a diverse group of designers: Tiki Glam, Delia Alleyne, Naldo Montańez, Michelle Ann, Rozio Scobar, Nicole Bell, and Ayasa Afi. Ranging from exquisite gowns to provocative swimwear, the show presented a diverse range of talents.

The show began with Tiki Glam’s spring collection, entitled “Photosynthesis,” which focused on natural elements and textures. The first model sported a high waist skirt and a crop top that included petal-like sleeves, preparing the audience for the rest of the collection. As the finale, a gown completed with a golden, floral pattern awed the audience.

The show ended with Ayasa Afi’s collection consisting of bold, yet elegant designs. One white gown was particularly provocative and dazzling with its intricate lace covering the torso. Another standout piece was a hand-beaded gown that gave the impression of a snowflake.

However, it wasn’t the floral patterns or the intricate gowns that stole the show; it was actually Michelle Ann and her team of mini models. The young models completely stole the show. With glittered faces and lots of attitude, these little girls showed off Ann’s charming and sophisticated collection, and the audience loved it. At the end, the audience stood up and praised the young girls and the designs they were showing off. Without a doubt, it was these fierce models that captivated the audience at the Designer’s Collective show.

Email Sora Yu at [email protected]