Khirma Fall/Winter 2015

Rena Levin, Contributing Writer

Pockets are a must-have for every on-the-go New Yorker and accessories designer Khirma Eliazov certainly delivers them in her Khirma Fall/Winter 2015 collection.  The line combined organization and fashion to create functional yet cool handbag choices.

The brand of luxury handbags was launched by Eliazov in 2010 and since then has grown internationally. The line is sold in Bergdof Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, and in over seventy other department stores and boutiques around the world.

The presentation, held at the Khirma Flagship Store on Charles Street, showcased new designs, as well new takes on favorites from past collections. Mixtures of python, crocodile, and water snake skins recurred on most bags, proving that bold accessories are a great way to complete an outfit and express personal style. The store emphasized this idea with a large poster that read “EXPRESS YOURSELF.” Khirma herself encouraged everyone to pick his or her favorite bag and pose in front of the poster for a photo.

The defining feature of all of the bags was their organizational abilities. Although simple looking from the outside, each bag contained multiple pockets which enabled the wearer to hold their cards and phone without having to worry about fitting a wallet inside or digging to find a lost subway card. The largest bag–the Corina–had room for a 15-inch laptop, and the structured design provided the protection that a laptop case would.

Email Rena Levin at [email protected]