Robert Geller Spring/Summer 2015

Kari Sonde, Staff Writer

The lights dimmed momentarily as an ambient drumbeat faded. Light broke through the dark room and reflected off the x-shaped runway. As mysterious music influenced by ‘80s punk rock and electronica hip-hop flooded the room, the models began to walk forward.

Accessing a theme of raw modernity, the Robert Geller Spring/Summer 2015 collection drew away from the designer’s rather utilitarian leanings and more towards his euro-chic style with clean lines and relaxed fits.

The hair and makeup was simple with more emphasis on the edgy structure yet fluid movement of the clothing itself. Surprising pops of red and a hint of lilac shone in a sea of neutrals, navies and deep plums more fit for a very early spring.

A graphic brushstroke motif matched beautifully against the rich textures of the well-tailored and light fabrics. The collection possessed an upscale feel that was nonetheless casual and seemingly effortless.

Most striking was the addition of a certain hat in different shades of grey and a few in a bright red. Along with the hats were sunglasses that Geller made in collaboration with LA-based eyewear brand Garrett Leight California Optical. Accessories were minimal, adding to the cool, relaxed vibe of the entire collection.

Email Kari Sonde at [email protected].