Bibhu Mohapatra’s SS 2013 collection definitely said spring with the silky fabrics and vibrant colors. Coming from an Indian heritage, the collection’s patterns and textures were heavily influenced by Indian customs and culture. The morning and evening dresses were beautifully created as Bibhu stuck to a color palette of blues, whites, greens, reds, and black. For this collection Bibhu focused more on daywear and many pieces for the everyday working woman. He managed to give each piece a splash of drama and glamour, while still letting each speak on their own.
Being known for his intricate embellishments and crafty work, Bibhu’s long evening gowns had an air of sophistication and drama that were still very wearable. Most of the gowns had a mermaid tail, while all were made with soft fabrics that allowed the garments to move and flow with ease. The overall vibe of the collection was one of effotless, innate glamour. Additionally, the models’ clean and simple slicked back buns added to the ethereal feel of the collection. In essence, each look was bold and made a strong statement that many working women are looking for today.
Consistent with his past collections of glittering evening wear and luxurious furs, Bibhu Mohapatra’s new collection for Fall/Winter 2013 proved even more impeccable and decadent than his last. Inspired by the photography of Man Ray and his muses, the 33-look collection featured subtle hints of Dadaism and Bauhaus art and is evocative of Parisian glamour in the 20s and 30s.Read More »
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food