Tuesday classes remote due to impending snowstorm

NYU announced that all classes will be remote tomorrow in light of expected snowfall and inclement weather.

Classes will be remote Tuesday due to concerns of a coming snowstorm, NYU leadership announced in a universitywide email earlier this afternoon. 

In the email, from Interim Provost Georgina Dopico and Campus Safety head Fountain Walker, the university said that faculty should hold classes online at their normally scheduled times and that NYU offices will be operating remotely. The Feb. 12 alert also stated that some schools requiring in-person instruction, including the School of Law and the College of Dentistry, may be excused from the remote protocol. 

“If faculty are unable to teach the class remotely tomorrow, they should use their best judgment as to how to make up the class, in accordance with school or departmental practices,” the email reads. “In either case, faculty should inform students of the plans as soon as possible.”

The university also said that Safe Ride, NYU’s late-night rideshare app, will be operational tonight, but may see delays depending on weather conditions. NYU will also suspend all shuttle route services during the day tomorrow.

According to NYU’s safety, weather emergencies and disruptions policy, the university would remain open “regardless of weather conditions, transportation disruptions or other emergencies” unless the administration or emergency response team chooses to delay or close university operations. 

Contact Bruna Horvath at [email protected].