The exterior of the Morton Williams Supermarket, with a prominent red lettering that reads Morton Williams at the top of the building and the phrase The Fresh Marketplace beneath it.
How a supermarket became the center of NYU’s relationship with the Village
Carmo Moniz, Managing Editor • Jan 31, 2024

Tuesday classes remote due to impending snowstorm

NYU announced that all classes will be remote tomorrow in light of expected snowfall and inclement weather.
Qianshan Weng
File Photo: Heavy snow in Washington Square Park on Jan. 7, 2022. (Qianshan Weng for WSN)

Classes will be remote Tuesday due to concerns of a coming snowstorm, NYU leadership announced in a universitywide email earlier this afternoon. 

In the email, from Interim Provost Georgina Dopico and Campus Safety head Fountain Walker, the university said that faculty should hold classes online at their normally scheduled times and that NYU offices will be operating remotely. The Feb. 12 alert also stated that some schools requiring in-person instruction, including the School of Law and the College of Dentistry, may be excused from the remote protocol. 

“If faculty are unable to teach the class remotely tomorrow, they should use their best judgment as to how to make up the class, in accordance with school or departmental practices,” the email reads. “In either case, faculty should inform students of the plans as soon as possible.”

The university also said that Safe Ride, NYU’s late-night rideshare app, will be operational tonight, but may see delays depending on weather conditions. NYU will also suspend all shuttle route services during the day tomorrow.

According to NYU’s safety, weather emergencies and disruptions policy, the university would remain open “regardless of weather conditions, transportation disruptions or other emergencies” unless the administration or emergency response team chooses to delay or close university operations. 

Contact Bruna Horvath at [email protected].

Bruna Horvath, News Editor
Bruna Horvath is a sophomore studying journalism and English at CAS. When she’s not a Deputy News Editor, she’s a "Gone Girl" enthusiast, a Goodreads lover, and a Barnes & Noble frequenter. You can usually find her ordering an iced mocha, telling people her name is “Bruna” not “Bruno,” or on Instagram @brunaahorvath.
Qianshan Weng, Multimedia Editor
Qianshan Weng is a junior studying Media, Culture and Communication and Journalism. You may pronounce his name as "chi''en-shan", or, if it makes your life easier, just call him "Ben." He grew up in Shenzhen, China, and has spent the last five years or so saying that he wants to learn Cantonese. The answers to the questions "when will he finally start?" and "why is this taking him so long?" remain mysteries, even to himself. You can reach out to him at [email protected]