Langone purchases $33 million building in Florida

The new building will expand NYU Langone Health’s presence in Florida, where it will now have four locations.
Nina Schifano
(Nina Schifano for WSN)

NYU Langone Health purchased a $33 million building in West Palm Beach, Florida on Feb. 1, marking the medical center’s third location in the city and its fourth in the state. The 181,492-square-foot medical office, also called the Atrium building, will be used to expand NYU Langone’s outreach to patients in West Palm Beach, including physical therapy and gynecological care.

“NYU Langone has been working to expand the exceptional services we offer in the Palm Beach area, and we hope to offer more information soon,” NYU Langone spokesperson Steve Ritea wrote in a statement to WSN. 

Ritea said the medical center is unable to provide additional information about the building. However, plans previously filed for the location include four floors for medical offices, three floors for parking spaces and a primary care center on the first floor, according to the Commercial Observer. 

The building is less than a mile away from NYU Langone’s established office at 101 N. Clematis St., which opened in 2017. The Clematis Street building currently provides primary and preventative care, gynecological care, physical therapy and a medical weight loss program.  NYU Langone also has a location at Delray Beach which opened in 2016, around 23 miles south of the other properties.  

In 2017, Andrew Rubin, NYU Langone senior vice president for clinical affairs and ambulatory care, told The Palm Beach Post that many of NYU Langone’s patients live in West Palm Beach and travel to New York for their medical care, so the medical center’s locations in the area would allow those patients to access care closer to where they live.

In January, NYU Langone opened a $170 million ambulatory center in Garden City, Long Island in a former Bloomingdale’s and Sears department store. The 260,000-square-foot facility will have over 800 doctors and staff working in 32 clinical specialties, as well as 260 patient exam rooms and an updated adult ophthalmology services. 

Contact Aashna Miharia at [email protected].