Disorderly Conduct Reported in Faculty Housing

Rachel Buigas-Lopez

From Jan. 2 to 18, the NYU Department of Public Safety received five reports of Criminal Mischief, two reports of Criminal Trespass, one report of Criminal Trespass/Harassment, one report of Disorderly Conduct, one report of Drug Law Violation, four reports of Harassment, four reports of Larceny, two reports of Liquor Law Violation and one report of Stalking.

Criminal Mischief

On Jan. 6 at 11:35 a.m., a staff member reported a damaged computer in Bobst Library. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 6 at 4:18 p.m., a staff member reported graffiti in 370 Jay Street. The case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 10 at 8:20 p.m., a staff member reported vandalism in 721 Broadway. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 16 at 11 a.m., a staff member reported witnessing graffiti and vandalism in Rubin Hall. The case is closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Jan. 20 at 9:15 p.m., a student reported damages done to his residence hall in Alumni Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation. 

Criminal Trespass

On Jan. 2 at 9:19 a.m., Public Safety reported a trespass in Fairchild Building. NYPD responded and escorted the person out without further incident and the case is closed.

On Jan. 16 at 10:20 a.m., a staff member reported a criminal trespass in Lafayette Hall. The person was escorted out without incident and the case is closed.

Criminal Trespass/Harassment

On Jan. 18 at 1 p.m., a Public Safety Officer reported a criminal trespass and harassment in Founders Hall. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Disorderly Conduct

On Jan. 10 at 10:48 a.m., a staff member reported disorderly conduct in 2 Washington Square Village. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation. 

Drug Law Violation

On Jan. 4 at 9:15 p.m., Public Safety reported an alleged drug law violation and recovered a small amount of marijuana in Othmer Hall. The case is closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards

Harassment

On Jan. 2 at 11:15 a.m., a staff member reported harassment in Furman Hall. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 15 at 10:55 a.m., a staff member reported harassment in 2 Washington Square Village. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 15 at 1:42 p.m., a student reported being harassed in Washington Square Park. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 16 at 12:51 a.m., a student reported being harassed in Gramercy Green. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On Jan. 6 at 12:50 p.m., a staff member reported missing equipment in Ireland House. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 6 at 8:20 p.m., a Public Safety Officer reported a theft from a car parked outside Second Street Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 8 at 9:36 a.m., a vendor reported various items missing from a delivery truck parked outside Skirball. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 10 at 11:20 p.m., a visitor reported missing jewelry in Founders Hall. The case is open and under investigation.

Liquor Law Violation

On Jan. 6 at 3:52 p.m., an RA reported underage alcohol possession in Weinstein Hall. The case is closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Jan. 11 at 5:29 a.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Founders Hall. The case is closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Stalking

On Jan. 8 at 10:50 a.m., a staff member reported stalking in 411 Lafayette Street. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Email Crime Bot at [email protected].