Student Stalked in Rubin Hall

From March 1 to 6, the NYU Department of Public Safety received four reports of controlled substance violation, one report of criminal mischief, one report of criminal trespass, one report of drug law violation/liquor law violation, three reports of harassment, five reports of larceny and one report of stalking.

Controlled Substance Violation

On March 2 at 9:55 p.m., a resident assistant reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Broome Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On March 2 at 11:21 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Lafayette Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On March 5 at 10:30 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Weinstein Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On March 6 at 10:32 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession in Carlyle Court Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Criminal Mischief

On March 5 at 11:28 a.m., a contractor reported damage to equipment in 6 Metrotech Center. A police report was filed and the case has been referred to NYPD.

Criminal Trespass

On March 6 at 10:50 p.m., an RA reported witnessing a criminal trespass. The person was escorted out without further incident from Broome Street Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Drug Law Violation/Liquor Law Violation

On March 5 at 8:13 a.m., Public Safety and an RA witnessed underage alcohol possession and reported an alleged drug law violation where a small amount of marijuana was recovered in Gramercy Green Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Harassment

On March 1 at 8:31 a.m., an NYU employee reported being a victim of electronic harassment in Schwartz Hall. A police report was filed and the case has been referred to NYPD.

On March 3 at 9 p.m., an NYU student reported witnessing harassment in his dormitory in Carlyle Court. Police notification was declined and the case has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On March 6 at 2:20 p.m., an employee reported being a victim of verbal harassment in 105 E. 17th St. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On March 1 at 12:54 a.m., a student reported a missing phone in University Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On March 2 at 5:16 p.m., a student reported a missing backpack in Gramercy Green. A police report was filed and the case has been referred to NYPD.

On March 2 at 6:30 p.m., a student reported a missing wallet in Palladium Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On March 2 at 12:02 a.m., a student reported a missing bag in Lipton Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On March 5 at 11:15 a.m., an NYU employee reported missing equipment in Rogers Hall. A police report was filed and the case has been referred to NYPD.

Stalking

On March 6 at 4:29 p.m., a student reported being stalked in Rubin Residence Hall. The case is open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, March 11, 2019, print edition. Email Crime Bot at [email protected].