I Love Pretty S/S 2020

Julia McNeill
(Staff Photo by Julia McNeill)

Designer Yang Juan’s I Love Pretty S/S 2020 Collection swept down the runway Friday, and each look was more extravagant than the last. Tulle frills mixed with leather harnesses and hard-cut blazers embellished with glittering jewels make some of I Love Pretty’s stand out pieces.

Told through three “vignettes,” each section of the show held a different story. Beginning with an eerie cover of Nirvana’s “All Apologies”, the models strutted wearing silky wide-leg trousers and sporting various baby pink pieces. Later looks included a sheer pale blue long-sleeve gown with glittering stones as well as a floor-length crystal-embellished trench coat.

Distinct accessories included leather arm and thigh bands and micro glittering sunglasses. Numerous models carried a syringe-shaped clutch attached to a chain, contributing to the theme of other pieces imprinted with pills or heart monitor activity. Natural makeup was taken to the next level with Swarovski crystals placed under models’ eyes and on their bodies.

The show ended with a bang as a purple-haired model came down the runway wearing an outfit that encapsulated the entire show: a clear plastic top paired with a high-low tulle skirt and a bra that looked more like a belt. Lovely yet risqué.

Read more of WSN’s New York Fashion Week coverage here. Email Bella Gil at [email protected].

Bella Gil, Culture Editor
Bella is a CAS junior studying Journalism and English. Born and raised in Los Angeles, she still wonders how she made it all the way across the country and back. She is a devoted lover of all things Nintendo and unironically loves a classic round of Fortnite. When not gaming or doing schoolwork, she is roller-skating. Though you won't see her on the street this semester, she's still probably thinking about what she's going to wear tomorrow even though she's just going to be home. If she likes you enough, she'll make you a batch of cookies. She loves to learn and is always open to new experiences and conversations. Follow her on Instagram @bellamaegil, she'll talk with you about (literally) anything.
Julia McNeill, Multimedia Editor

Julia McNeill is a senior studying Art History, Computing and Data Science, and Web Development. When she was a child, she used to study the pages of National Geographic and dream of becoming a photographer. You can usually find her eating mac ’n’ cheese, drinking seltzer, doing crossword puzzles and reading Wikipedia plot summaries before watching films. When she wants to relax, she resorts to meticulously organizing her Spotify playlists. She adores hiking and camping and would like to escape the city sometime soon. You can find her on her instagram @julia.mcneill.