Nolcha Shows F/W 2019

Boom” by Tiësto welcomed guests to the Nolcha Shows. Each year, the Nolcha Shows provides a platform for promising independent designers to showcase their collections to a global audience during New York Fashion Week.

BENNOV

BENNOV, a label founded in Chongqing, China in 2015, is dedicated to creating elegant designs and sought to “combine hardness and softness in a surreal collision” with its Fall/Winter 2019 line. This season’s collection featured muted tones and modest designs which — despite the beautiful ideas behind them — proved to be lackluster and unoriginal.

SUPIN

The show continued with Chinese label Supin, which displayed a youthful fusion of popular eastern and western fashions. The menswear label showcased stylized athleisure that featured various traditional Chinese characters. Each laid-back look transitioned effortlessly into the next. However, the final look, which featured a blazer and a button-down, felt out of place in the otherwise casual collection.

VIDEMUS OMNIA

Flamboyant New York-based label Videmus Omnia closed the show with striking designs. Inspired by grunge music, the impressionist art movement and the renaissance period, this collection featured fishnets, chains and platform shoes. It felt as though each model was a piece of walking art enshrined in bright reds and jewel tones. Each wore blonde braids, an element that helped keep the show cohesive. The collection was refreshingly avant-garde, especially in contrast to the previous two collections.

Read more of WSN’s New York Fashion Week coverage here. Email Marisa Lopez at [email protected].