Posters Vandalized at Second Street

A breakdown of crimes reported to NYU Public Safety from Feb. 2 to 6.
Posters Vandalized at Second Street
Rachel Buigas-Lopez

From Feb. 2 to 6, the Department of Public Safety received one report of burglary/harassment, two reports of criminal mischief, one drug law violation, two reports of larceny, five reports of liquor law violations and one report of trespassing.

Burglary/Harassment
On Feb. 3 at 3:07 p.m., an NYU student reported headphones and money missing from her dorm room in Founders Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief
On Feb. 2 at 7:15 p.m., a resident assistant reported witnessing vandalism on a bulletin board in Coral Tower Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 5 at 5:30 p.m., an RA reported witnessing vandalism on several flyers at Second Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Drug Law Violation
On Feb. 2 at 10:49 p.m., Public Safety recovered a small amount of marijuana in Greenwich Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Larceny
On Feb. 5 at 4:19 p.m., an NYU student reported missing clothing from her dorm room at Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Feb. 6 at 8:30 p.m., a Starbucks employee reported missing boxes of coffee. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Liquor Law Violations
On Feb. 2 at 10:13 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession at Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Feb. 2 at 10:30 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession at Third North. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 2 at 11:15 p.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession at Third North. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Feb. 2 at 12:20 a.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession at Greenwich Hall. Additionally, Public Safety recovered a small amount of marijuana. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

On Feb. 2 at 1:32 a.m., an RA reported witnessing underage alcohol possession at Third North. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Trespassing
On Feb. 2 at 1:59 a.m., NYU students reported that an unidentified person trespassed onto their loft at Third North. Public Safety escorted the person out of the loft. Police were notified but no report was taken and the case is open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, February 10, 2019, print edition. Email Crime Bot at [email protected]

Victor Porcelli, News Editor
Victor Porcelli is a junior studying Public Policy. He's from Central Jersey, the existence of which he will vehemently defend. Outside of journalism, he likes romcoms and ... he can't think of anything else. He aspires to becoming verified on twitter so follow him @victor_porcelli.
Rachel Buigas-Lopez, Creative Director
Graphic design is her passion. Over the summer, she worked as an Art Design intern for The New York Times. Now, she's a junior studying Integrated Digital Media at Tandon. She was born in Florida and raised in Texas — which means she is still trying to figure out how many jackets she needs in the winter. Outside of newspaper, and sometimes at newspaper, she spends her time fawning over photos of greyhounds that are bigger than any apartment she will be able to rent in Manhattan.