Flying Solo F/W 2019

Since 2016, Flying Solo has banded together over 70 designers from across the globe collaborate to create collections. With so many designers working together it is no wonder that their Fall/Winter 2019 collection was such a success. The collection took the audience on a journey, traversing through different styles and textures.

Each piece in the collection demanded attention — never skipping a beat or having a down moment throughout the show’s progression. The show began with a futuristic collection of models dressed from head to toe in metallic silver outfits that came in boots, skirts, dresses, blouses, jackets, jumpers and pants. Some collections that followed included looks like checkered and plaid streetwear, bright red snakeskin dresses, floor-length earth-tone oversized sweaters, fierce and sexy lingerie and floral gowns with papal capes and headpieces that looked like those of nuns.

Throughout the collection, the designers played with an oversized silhouette that managed to be flattering rather than overbearing. This collection screamed with personality, and models’ faces and hair were covered in varying colors of mesh cloth to keep eyes on the designs.

Flying Solo gave audience members a museum full of looks, taking them through a multiplicity of designs and leaving them aesthetically satisfied.

Read more of WSN’s New York Fashion Week coverage here. Email Caroline Coyer at [email protected].