NYU Student Witnesses Kidnapping Near Washington Square Park

Sakshi Venkatraman, News Editor

From March 22 to 27, the NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of an alcohol violation, one report of rape, one report of robbery, three reports of larceny, one report of a controlled substance, one report of kidnapping, one report of dating violence and three reports of trespass.

Alcohol Violation

On March 22 at 9:23 p.m., a resident assistant reported that he recovered alcohol from students entering Gramercy Green Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

On March 22 at 11:40 p.m., an RA reported that he recovered alcohol from students entering Weinstein Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to the Student Conduct. 

On March 23 at 11:05 p.m., an RA reported that, during rounds, she recovered alcohol from a dormitory in Lipton Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to Student Conduct.

On March 23 at 11:20 p.m., an RA reported that, during rounds, she recovered alcohol from a dormitory in Lipton Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to Student Conduct.

On March 24 at 12:12 a.m., an RA reported that he recovered alcohol from students entering Alumni Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to Student Conduct.

On March 24 at 11:08 p.m., an RA reported that, during rounds, she recovered alcohol from a dormitory in University Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case was closed and referred to Student Conduct.

Rape

On March 22, an NYU student reported that she was a victim of rape at Gramercy Green. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Robbery

On March 22 at 5:30 p.m., an NYU student reported that an unidentified man swiped his headphones from his head at 1 Metrotech. A tussle ensued. A police report was filed and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On March 23 at 5:40 p.m., an NYU student reported that her laundy was missing from the laundry room of Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On March 25 at 3:20 p.m., a Columbia University student reported that his coat was missing from the Greenberg Lounge in Vanderbilt Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

On March 26 at 8:45 p.m., an NYU student reported missing a jacket from his locker at Rogers Hall. Police notification was declined and the case is open and under investigation.

Controlled Substance

On March 25 at 7:45 a.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance violation at University Residence Hall and recovered a small amount of drugs from the residence. The report was closed and referred to Student Conduct. 

Kidnapping

On March 25 at 1:30 a.m., an NYU student reported that he witnessed a kidnapping on Washington Square North. A police report was filed and the case was closed and referred to New York Police Department. 

Dating Violence

On March 26, an NYU student reported that he and an ex-girlfriend got into a fight on West 13th Street. Two arrests were made and the case was closed and referred to the Title IX Office.

Trespass

On March 27 at 6:21 p.m., A Public Safety officer reported  an individual trespassing at Palladium Residence Hall. The case was closed and referred to Student Conduct. 

On March 29 at 12:10 a.m., an RA reported an individual trespassing at Third Avenue North Residence Hall. The person was escorted out and the case was closed.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 2 print edition. Email the News Team at [email protected].