Student Assaulted by Partner in Weinstein Residence Hall

Alex Domb, Deputy News Editor

From Feb. 4 to Feb. 10, the NYU Department of Public Safety received two reports of controlled substance violations, two reports of disorderly conduct, one report of harassment, three reports of larceny and one report of simple assault.

Controlled substance violation

On Jan. 5 at 12:10 a.m., an NYU resident assistant reported that he recovered alcohol from a dormitory room while he was doing rounds in Alumni Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case was referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On Jan. 6 at 3:50 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance violation in Founders Residence Hall and recovered a small amount of marijuana from the residence. The case was referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Disorderly Conduct

On Feb. 4 at 6:55 a.m., a member of Public Safety reported disorderly conduct due to intoxication in Weinstein Residence Hall. A police report was filed, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On Feb. 6 at 4:25 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of a disorderly patient in the NYU Dental Center. The patient left on their own accord. Police notification was declined, and the case has been closed.

Harassment

On Feb. 6 at 4:15 p.m., an NYU student reported being followed by his partner without his consent between Rubin Residence Hall and Weinstein. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to Title IX officers.

Larceny

On Feb. 4 at 10:39 a.m., an NYU student reported that she was pickpocketed on Bleecker Street. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 5 at 9:55 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that a Microtome Blade was missing from her desk at the Dental Center. A police report was taken, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 8 at 9:20 p.m., an NYU student reported that his wallet was missing from the second floor lounge at Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

Simple Assault

On Feb. 6 at 4:15 p.m., an NYU student reported being pushed and hit by her partner in Weinstein. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to Title IX officers.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Feb. 12 print edition. Email the News Team at [email protected]