Student Reports Missing Silverware in Coral

Alex Domb, Deputy News Editor

From Jan. 3 to Jan. 20, the NYU Department of Public Safety received four reports of criminal mischief, one report of fondling, two reports of harassment, seven reports of larceny and one report of stalking.

Criminal Mischief

On Jan. 3 at 10:30 a.m., an NYU resident assistant reported that she found graffiti on a poster on the 11th floor at Lipton Hall. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 5 at 9:40 a.m., an NYU affiliate reported that an unidentified person had damaged the locks in the women’s locker room at Elmer Holmes Bobst Library. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 11 at 4:25 p.m., an NYU RA reported that profanity had been written on the sixth floor hallway at Founders Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 16 at 8:00 a.m., a member of Public Safety reported that there was graffiti on an air conditioning unit on the roof at Forbes Building. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

Fondling

On Jan. 19 at 9:35 a.m., an NYU student reported that she was the victim of a fondling at Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Title IX office.

Harassment

On Jan. 5 at 1:15 p.m., an NYU staff member at the College of Dentistry reported that she received harassing, non-threatening emails. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On Jan. 8 at 12:05 p.m., an NYU staff member reported that her handbag was missing from her office at Silver Center for Arts and Sciences. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 8 at 10:55 p.m., an NYU alumni reported that his cell phone was missing from a public charging station at Palladium Athletic Facility. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 10 at 5:30 p.m., a non-NYU affiliated person reported that his scarf was missing from a coat check at 7 East 12th St. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 12 at 8:30 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that cash and credit cards were missing from her purse in the coat check area of a party at 1 Washington Place. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 15 at 6:40 p.m., A non-NYU affiliate reported her bike was missing from the bike racks in front of Meyer Hall. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 17 at 2:20 p.m., an NYU student at the Dental Center reported that her ring was missing. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

On Jan. 18 at 3:45 p.m., an NYU student reported that his silverware was missing from his dorm room at Coral Tower Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

Stalking

On Jan. 5, an NYU staff member at 726 Broadway reported that he received several harassing, non threatening phone calls from a known stalker of his roommate. A police report was filed, and the case is open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Jan. 22 print edition. 

Email Alex Domb at [email protected].