Crime Log Sept. 29 to Oct. 4

Sakshi Venkatraman, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of larceny, one report of trespassing, one report of motor vehicle theft, one report of criminal mischief, one report of robbery and one report of disorderly conduct between Sept. 29 and Oct. 4.

Larceny

On Sept. 29 at 11:10 a.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her bike was missing from the bike rack on Greene Street and West 4th St. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 30 at 7:10 p.m., Public Safety received a report from a student that her laptop was missing from the seventh floor study area of Elmer Holmes Bobst Library. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 30 at 7:45 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his laptop was missing from the lower level study room of Elmer Holmes Bobst Library. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 30 at 9:39 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU affiliate that money was missing from his coat at the Kimmel Center for University Life. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Sept. 30 at 10:30 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that her handbag and laptop were missing from a dressing room in Kimmel. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

On Oct. 3 at 8 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his bike was missing from the Tisch Hall bike rack. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

Trespassing

On Sept. 29 at 5:56 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that three people were on the roof of the Silver Center. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Motor Vehicle Theft

On Oct. 1 at 10:25 a.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that his moped was missing from the area outside 6 MetroTech. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief

On Oct. 3 at 6:29 a.m., a member of Public Safety reported that there was graffiti on the Founders Memorial monument located at Schwartz Plaza. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Robbery

On Oct. 4 at 4:48 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU student that he was a victim of a robbery outside of 6 Metrotech. A police report was filed, and the report is open and under investigation.

Disorderly Conduct

On Oct. 4 at 3 p.m., Public Safety received a report from an NYU staff member that a dental patient was being disorderly at the NYU Dental Center. The New York Police Department was called and the patient was escorted out of the building. The report is open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Oct. 10 print edition. Email Sakshi Venkatraman at [email protected].