Crime Log: Feb. 11 to Feb. 20

Miranda Levingston, Coco Wang and Htoo Min, Deputy News Editors

The NYU Department of Public Safety received eight reports of larceny, one report of trespass, one report of forcible fondling, one report of authorized technician repair and one report of rape between Feb. 11 and Feb. 20.

Larceny

On Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. a student reported that her wallet was missing from her coat inside Starbucks at 10 Waverly Pl. Police notification was declined.

On Feb. 11 at 6:45 p.m. a student reported that his laptop charging cable was missing from a study lounge in Founders Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Feb. 13 at 8:40 p.m. a student reported that her watch was missing from a restroom in Palladium Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Feb. 15 at 12 a.m. a student reported that their wallet was missing from a fourth floor study area in Bobst Library. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 15 at 10:50 a.m. a contractor reported that their backpack and its contents were missing from a stairwell at 726 Broadway. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 15 at 1:20 p.m. a student reported that their backpack, containing a wallet, was missing from a classroom in Tisch Hall. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 15 at 3:30 p.m. a student reported that their backpack, containing a laptop and other items, was missing from a classroom at Henry Kaufman Management Center. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 16 at 3:30 p.m. a student reported that their backpack was missing from Starbucks at 10 Waverly Pl. Police notification was declined.

Trespass

On Feb. 14 at 6:45 p.m. Public Safety responded to a report of a non-NYU unknown male trespassing in the Tisch Hall Bike Rack. A police report was filed.

Arson

On Feb. 14 at 10:30 a.m. Public Safety received a report of bulletin-board fliers with burned edges in a residence hall. A police report was filed.

Controlled Substance

On Feb. 11 at 11:11 a.m. Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance in Gramercy Green and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

On Feb. 13 at 4:50 a.m. Public Safety reported the confiscation of marijuana outside of the Genomics Building.

Harassment

On Feb. 13 at 5:52 p.m. a student reported that they were harassed by an unknown male in Gramercy Green. Police notification was declined.

Forcible Fondling

On Feb. 13 at 12 a.m. a student reported they were forcibly fondled in University Hall.

Authorized Technician Repair — reclassified from Criminal Mischief

On Feb. 12 at 11 p.m. Public Safety reported that a security camera was disabled by an unknown male inside Rogers Hall.

Rape

On Feb.12 at 11:07 a.m. a non-NYU guest reported that they were sexually assaulted in Gramercy Green.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Feb. 21 print edition.  Email Miranda Levingston, Htoo Min and Coco Wang [email protected].