Four Fabulous Magazines to Subscribe To

Brina Jeffries, Staff Writer

Most fashion-lovers are familiar with influential magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Harper’s Bazaar, but there are so many more to discover. The following are exceptional magazines to get your family, friends or yourself subscriptions to this holiday season.

W Magazine

W is a women’s fashion magazine owned by Conde Nast publications. The “W” stands for “who, what, where and why” because of the magazine’s impeccable ability to showcase literature and art all together while still informing their readers of recent trends. W is advertising a sale of a one-year subscription of “the definitive voice of fashion, film and art” for only $12, a steep discount to the original price of $61.90.

Interview Magazine

Contrasting the feminine vibe of W magazine is Interview Magazine, which has a more grunge aesthetic. Originally founded by artist Andy Warhol and journalist John Wilcock, Interview has become a powerhouse magazine advertising the most vibrant aspects of pop culture. Interview has a holiday deal of 10 big issues for $25, beating the original price of $10 per issue. If you are looking for a magazine with gorgeous photography and an amazing editorial layout, look no further than this phenomenal print.

V Magazine

Known for its dynamic branded letter ‘V’ in the middle of every issue, V magazine is quite similar to W. However, W is more delicate while V magazine has a unique edginess. Holding both V and VMAN, this magazine company has something for everyone. Although it has an edgy appeal, there is still something classic about this magazine’s presentation of a large scope of high fashion photography along with music, film, architecture and art. A one-year subscription of V costs $30 and VMAN costs $15. Although on the more expensive side of magazine subscriptions, this publication is completely worth it for the fashion and art lover.

Paper Magazine

Paper magazine is an independent New York-based magazine that focuses on all things pop culture. From fashion and celebrities to music, art and nightlife, Paper offers great content and carefully-curated editorials. A year’s subscription, or six issues, will cost you a mere $10 and a two-year subscription only $15. If you believe in the millennial intersection of pop culture and social activism (because duh), this is the magazine for you.

Magazines are a wonderful gift to give your fashion-loving friends this holiday season. Supporting literary artists is essential in keeping the prestige and sacredness not only of fashion but also of the world of print media.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Dec. 5 print edition. Email Brina Jeffries at [email protected].