Crime Log: Sept. 24-30

Abraham Gross, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received 11 reports of larceny, three reports of controlled substance, two reports of criminal mischief and one report of burglary between Sept. 24 and 30.

Larceny

On Sept. 27 at 1:55 p.m., a student reported that on Aug. 13 she discovered her laptop was missing from the third floor study lounge of Founders Hall. Police notification
was declined.

On Sept. 27 at 2:46 p.m., a student reported that at 2:40 p.m. she discovered her bicycle was missing from the bike rack at Schwartz Plaza. A police report was filed.

On Sept. 28 at 3:40 p.m., a student reported that at 11:30 a.m., he secured his bike to the scaffolding in front of 31 Washington Pl. and discovered it was missing at 1:45 p.m. A police report was filed.

On Sept. 28 at 11:30 a.m., a staff member reported that an iPod was missing from her cubicle at Furman Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Sept. 28 at 10:30 a.m., a student reported that on Sept. 27 at 5:30 p.m. she discovered her backpack and coat were missing from her locker on the eighth floor of Rogers Hall. A police report was filed.

On Sept. 29 at 5:21 p.m., a staff member reported that a computer was missing from a classroom in Furman Hall.

On Sept. 29 at 5 p.m., a student reported that at 3 p.m. she discovered her phone was missing from Clinic 5S at the dental center. Police notification was declined.

Controlled Substance

On Sept. 24 at 3:12 a.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Lafayette Street Residence Hall and recovered a small amount of marijuana from a resident.

On Sept. 25 at 1:39 a.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Third Avenue North and recovered a small amount of marijuana from a resident.

On Sept. 29 at 10:45 a.m., a student reported observing another student at Third North purchasing marijuana in the residence hall. The case was referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Criminal Mischief

On Sept. 24 at 5:26 a.m., a Public Safety Officer reported intentional damage to a window in Seminar Room A on the third floor of Palladium Residence Hall.

Burglary

On Sept. 27 at 4:30 p.m., a student reported that at 4:05 p.m. he discovered his Xbox and Social Security Card were missing from his bedroom in D’Agostino Residence Hall. The student’s suitemate reported that at 5:10 p.m. he discovered that his laptop and a hard drive were missing from his bedroom. A police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Oct. 3 print edition. Email Abraham Gross at [email protected].