Crime Log: Feb. 26 to March 4

News Team, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received nine reports of larceny, two reports of harassment, two reports of controlled substance, one report of forcible touching and one report of criminal mischief between Feb. 26 and March 4.

Larceny

On Feb. 26 at 9:05 p.m., a student declined to notify the police about his missing laundry hamper from Second Street Residence Hall. He left his hamper in the laundry room at 8 p.m. and discovered it was missing when he returned at 9 p.m.

On Feb. 27 at 7 p.m., a student filed a police report for his missing iPhone in Bobst library.  He left the phone on his desk at 6:55 p.m. when he went to the restroom, and it was missing when he returned at 7 p.m.

On Feb. 28 at 12:30 p.m., a student filed a police report for  his missing laptop computer.  He left it unattended at 10 p.m. in Bobst library to visit the vending machine, returned to it at 10:15 p.m. and realized it was missing at 11:20 a.m. the next day.

On Feb. 29 at 2:30 p.m., a student declined to notify the police about $200 cash missing from her backpack that was unattended from 11:00-11:15 a.m. in Bobst library.  She was in Bobst and realized the money was missing from her wallet at 2 p.m.

On Feb. 29 at 9:45 p.m., a staff member reported 12 laptop chargers missing from Dibner Library. They were last seen on Feb. 26 at 11 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On March 1 at 9:30 a.m., a student reported that his two guitars were destroyed and his paintings were stolen when he returned to his room in Brittany Residence Hall on Feb. 29. His roommate returned the paintings and will reimburse him for the damage done to his guitars.

On March 2 at 12:25 a.m., a student reported that she left her Canon Rebel EOS camera in her room in Weinstein Residence Hall on Dec. 28 and that it was no longer there on March 1. Police notification was declined.

On March 2 at 11:45 a.m., a student reported that he left his bag with his Canon DSLR camera and two lenses at 721 Broadway, and that the bag was brought to the Post Production Lost and Found on Feb. 29 at 11 p.m., but that the camera and one of the lenses were missing on March 1. Police notification was declined.

On March 3 at 6:50 p.m., a student reported that at 10 a.m. he left his bag with a watch, heart rate monitor and clothing in a locker at the Silver Center that would electronically unlock at 3 p.m.. His bag was no longer there at 4 p.m.. Police notification was declined.

Harassment

On March 1 at 1:09 p.m., a student reported that her former roommate was sending her unwanted emails and telephone messages and pushed her head against a wall in Gramercy Green Residence Hall on Jan. 24. NYPD was not notified.

On March 2 at 11:55 a.m., a student reported that while he was walking west on W. 8th street at 6:20 p.m. on March 1, two unknown males approached him, asked to use his phone and threatened injury if he didn’t comply. The student left the situation and entered the West 4th St. subway station through the 8th street entrance. Police were notified.

Controlled Substance

On Feb. 28 at 10:14 a.m., a call was made requesting a wellness check of a Palladium student resident. When Public Safety arrived, a small amount of marijuana was recovered.

On Feb. 29 at 7:15 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Gramercy Green Residence Hall. A small amount of marijuana was recovered.

Forcible Touching

On Feb. 28 at 12:30 p.m., a student reported that an unknown male groped her at the Violet Ball in Bobst Library. The student declined notifying the police.

Criminal Mischief

On March 4 at 10:50 a.m., a Public Safety Officer reported that there was graffiti on the exterior wall of Coles Gym facing Bleecker Street.

A version of this story appeared in the Monday, March 7 print issue. Email News Team at [email protected]