Crime Log: Nov. 30 to Dec. 4.

The NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of larceny, one report of harassment, one report of burglary, one report of sexual assault, one report of menacing/weapon, one report of criminal mischief and one report of forcible touching between Nov. 30 and Dec. 4.

Larceny

On Nov. 30 at 4:45 p.m., an administrator reported that she placed her Apple USB SuperDrive in her desk drawer at Bobst library on Nov. 24. She returned to her office on Nov. 30 to find the USB missing. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 1 at 9:30 a.m., a student reported that at 7 a.m on Dec. 1 he left his cell phone on his desk at Bobst Library to use the restroom. He returned at 7:03 a.m. and discovered that his cell phone was missing. Police were not notified.

On Dec. 2 at 4:10 p.m., a student reported that at 2 p.m. on Dec. 2 she placed her wallet in an unlocked locker at Palladium gym. She returned at 3 p.m. and discovered her money missing from her wallet. Police were not notified.

On Dec. 2 at 12:58 p.m., an administrator reported that she left for vacation on Nov. 20. When she returned to her 2 Washington Sq. Village office on Dec. 2, she discovered one of two petty cash boxes missing. Police were notified.

On Dec. 2 at 10:50 p.m., a student reported that on Nov. 30 she put $135 in her wallet, placed her wallet into her purse and set it on her bed at Carlyle Court residence hall. At 7:20 a.m. on Dec. 2, she discovered her wallet missing from her purse. Police were not notified.

On Dec. 3 at 3:50 p.m., a staff member at the Kevorkian Center reported that at approximately 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, she left her wallet in her handbag, which was behind her cubicle desk. When she returned at 3 p.m. she discovered her wallet missing. Police were not notified.

Harassment

On Dec. 1 at 7 p.m., an Aramark employee in Weinstein reported that earlier in the day he had been threatened over the phone by a colleague’s husband. A report was filed with the NYPD.

Burglary

On Nov. 30 at 11 a.m., two students in Weinstein reported that they left their door locked before Thanksgiving break, but when they returned on the 28th, they discovered their room in disarray with no signs of forced entry. The only things missing were a hat and a box of cigarettes. Police were not notified.

Sexual Assault

On Dec. 1 at 3 p.m., a student in housing at the Washington, D.C., campus reported that one evening, about two months before, she was sexually assaulted in her dorm room by her non-NYU guest. Police notification was offered but declined.

Menacing / Weapon

On Dec. 2, a faculty member in Rogers Hall reported that at 8:20 a.m. an unknown person entered her classroom and backed her against a wall while holding a large knife to her torso. The faculty member screamed causing her assailant to retreat. The case is under investigation by the NYPD and NYU Public Safety.

Criminal Mischief

On Dec. 4 an NYU Safety Officer reported he observed graffiti on the outside of Coles.

Forcible Touching
In Stuyvesant Town, a student reported on Dec. 3 at 12 a.m. that on Nov. 24 she was forcibly fondled by another NYU student in his room. Police notification was offered but declined.  

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Dec. 7 print version. Email them at [email protected].