Crime Log: Nov. 7 to 13

Justine Morris, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received eight reports of larceny, three of controlled substance and one each of public lewdness and theft from motor vehicle between Nov. 14 and
Nov. 18.

Public Lewdness

On Nov. 17, a staff member in Argo Tea reported that on the Nov. 13 an unidentified man exposed his genitals while in the shop. Public Safety notified NYPD.

Theft from Motor Vehicle

On Nov. 17, an NYU family member reported that on Nov. 11 he locked and parked his car on Bleecker Street and discovered his GPS, jumper cables and rain coats missing when he returned to his car on Nov. 12. Police were not notified.

Controlled Substance

On Nov. 14 at 11:15 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana in Broome Street
Residence Hall.

On Nov. 15 at 1:40 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered some marijuana at Founders Residence Hall.

On Nov. 15 at 9:22 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana at Rubin Residence Hall.

Larceny

On Nov. 15 just before 8 p.m., a student reported that she secured her bike outside of Shimkin Hall at 2 p.m. and discovered her bike missing with the lock on the railing when she returned at 7:30 p.m. Police were not notified.

On Nov. 16, a student reported that at 6:30 a.m. she left her laptop on top of a study desk in Bobst Library while she slept on a nearby couch. When she returned to the desk at 7:15 a.m., she discovered it missing. A report was filed with the NYPD.

On Nov. 16, a student reported at 8 a.m. that he had left his wallet unattended in Bobst Library at 7 a.m. and found it missing when he returned to the desk. NYPD was not notified.

On Nov. 16, a student reported at a 6:30 p.m. that he had left his backpack unattended at 5:20 p.m. in Bobst and discovered it missing when he returned half an hour later. NYPD was notified.

On Nov. 16, a student reported he left his backpack with his laptop in it unattended in Bobst Library at 11:15 p.m. and discovered his backpack open with his laptop missing when he returned five minutes later. A police report was filed.

On Nov. 18 in the Waverly Building, a vending machine employee reported he discovered the cash side door in a vending machine open with an unknown amount of money missing. Police were not notified.

On Nov. 18 a patient in the Kriser Dental Center reported that she left her purse in an exam room at 9:15 a.m. while she got X-rays. Upon returning to the room at the end of the exam, her wallet was missing from her purse. A report was filed
with police.

On Nov. 18 a student in the Dental Center reported that on Nov. 11 at noon he left dental instruments in the 11th floor Bench Lab and discovered them missing when he returned for them the following night. Police were not notified.

A version of this article appeared in the Nov. 23 print edition. Email Justine Morris at [email protected].