This Weekend: Oct. 24 to 25

The crisp fall weather lends itself particularly well to outdoor events, especially in October, when the Halloween spirit seems to take over the city. From a flash mob to a dog parade, this weekend has plenty of opportunities to get into the autumnal mood, if the colder weather and pumpkin spice mania have not done so already.

Thrill the World NYC: Cross “being part of a flash mob” off of your bucket list on Saturday, Oct. 25, with nonprofit Michael Jackson tribute dance group Thrill the World. Thrill Day begins at 3 p.m. with dance run-throughs, zombie makeup sessions and raffles. But the activities really begin at 6 p.m., when hundreds of participants will take over Coney Island to perform a dance routine to “Thriller” on the boardwalk. Thrill Day ends with an after-party and dinner by the beach.

Tompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade: Head over to Tompkins Square Park on Saturday, Oct. 25, at noon to experience one of the largest dog costume parades in the world. In this year’s parade, not only will you be able to see adorable pugs stuffed into tiny hot dog and taco costumes, but also attend free of charge.

Zombie Run: The Zombie Run has taken place all across the country, and it is finally coming to New York City on Saturday, Oct. 25, at the Aviator Sports and Events Center in Brooklyn. This 3-mile obstacle course emulates a zombie apocalypse. You can sign up as either a zombie or a human, in which case you will either chase others or be chased through the course. Although tickets are a bit pricey at $45, they include a T-shirt, medal, bag and admission to the after-party.

Halloween Costume Parade and Party: If you feel like joining in on a calmer, more low-key weekend activity than being chased by zombies, attend the Friends of Washington Market Park on Sunday, Oct. 26, from 12:45 p.m. to 3 p.m. There will be fun, family-friendly games like penny-in-a-haystack and bone digging in sandboxes. Additionally, there will be marching bands and a costume parade that will start at Beach and Greenwich Streets at 12:45 p.m.

Halloween Parade and Pumpkin Flotilla: Visit Central Park on Sunday, Oct. 26, for live music, ghost stories, pumpkin carving and the Central Park Conservancy’s annual pumpkin flotilla, which sets pumpkins afloat across the Harlem Meer at 6 p.m. The event is free, but guests who want their own pumpkins to set sail must register in advance.

A version of this article appeared in the Thursday Oct. 23 print edition. E-mail Tsering at [email protected].