Mathieu Mirano Fall/Winter 2014

Click for more looks from Mathieu Mirano F/W 2014.

The models of the Mathieu Mirano Fall 2014 show, with slicked ponytails wearing nude or black classic pumps, strutted down the unconventional runway at Lincoln Center.

The collection was displayed in a runway style, as models weaved between islands of benches, allowing the clothes to be presented at all different angles. The color scheme of the clothes were relatively monochrome; most pieces were black, if not white or gray. However, Mirano did create some sequin-covered dresses that were of a rose gold and peach tone.

There were also long and asymmetrical dresses in the fringe style that gave off a playful theme to the dresses. Leather was frequently seen in the collection, corresponding with fall trends of the past.. Many of the jackets had a slit in the back, which brought a fun vibe to the clothing.

Mirano presented a number of pieces using fur, including in the form of snoods and coats.  The combination of crop tops and mid-length pencil skirts made of leather and other textiles was also a trending style at the show. Many tops were designed in the bustier style that incorporated unique patterns to each piece; many of the bustier tops had either triangle shaped cutouts.

Overall Mirano put together a successful show that incorporated clothes that were bold, wearable and seasonally appropriate at the same time.

Se Won Park is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].