Angel Sanchez Spring/Summer 2014

Click for more looks from Angel Sanchez Spring/Summer 2014.

Angel Sanchez’s Spring 2014 Collection embraced the elegant, luxurious side of fashion as well as its flashy and ostentatious possibilities, creating a harmonious balance between simple and beautiful, inspired by the Venezuelan artist Magdalena Fernandez’s video LLUVIA.

The collection began with a black sleeveless crepe romper embroidered with exquisite, three-dimensional pyramid acetate on the bodice. Each model wore slicked-back, seemingly wet pin-straight hair with natural, nude make-up.  All of the models wore Andrea Gomez white stilettos adorned with a voluminous, gold plated strap covering the instep of the foot.

The highlight of the presentation occurred towards the finale when one of the models graced the runway in a deep blue A-line crepe dress with a French gauze overlay.  The gown’s impeccable zigzagged cutouts throughout added just the perfect amount of modernity and dazzle to a more classic and traditional gown.

Sanchez’s Spring 2014 presentation was held on the second floor of a building in the garment district, where the color white lined the walls of the concrete room as well as the runway.  Models walked out of an angled white structure and then jaunted down the white rectangular shaped runway, stopping at the top right corner for a pose.  Modern techno inspired music sounded from the DJ box in the far right corner of the venue.

At the conclusion of the show, Angel Sanchez strutted the runway and interacted with guests, among which was Miss Universe Olivia Culpo for Extra TV and Venezuelan TV personnel Chiquinquirá Delgado.

Connor Norton is a contributing writer. Email him at [email protected].

• T

TeresaSep 10, 2013 at 5:44 am

Great review!