Student Arrested for Disorderly Conduct in Carlyle Court

Jamie Karns, Contributing Writer

From Feb. 11 to Feb. 18, the NYU Department of Public Safety received one report of alcohol violation, one report of criminal mischief, one report of rape, one report of domestic violence, two reports of assault, one report of harassment, one report of disorderly conduct, one report of forgery, four reports of larceny and one report of trespassing.

Alcohol Violation

On Feb. 16 at 12:23 a.m., a resident assistant at Palladium Residence Hall reported a case of alcohol violation. According to the RA, during one of her rounds, she recovered alcohol from one of the dormitories. Police notification was declined. The case is now closed and has been referred to Student Conduct.

Criminal Mischief

On Feb. 15 at 2:18 a.m., a group of NYU students reported a case of criminal mischief after discovering that a couch in the Lipton Residence Hall lounge had been vandalized with a hate symbol. A police report was immediately filed, and the case is currently open and under investigation.

Rape

On Feb. 12 at 9:50 p.m., an NYU student and Palladium Hall resident revealed that a friend of hers was a victim of rape. Police notification was declined. The case is now open and under investigation.

Domestic Violence

On Feb. 12 at 12:20 p.m., an NYU student reported being physically abused by his girlfriend at Gramercy Green Residence Hall. A police report was filed, and an arrest was made soon after. The case is now closed and has been referred to Student Conduct and the Office of Title IX.

Assault

On Feb. 13 at 1:00 p.m., an NYU student and University Residence Hall resident reported being punched by his roommate. Police notification was declined. The case is now closed and has been referred to Student Conduct. 

On Feb. 13 at around 6:10 p.m., an NYU student reported that his roommate physically shoved him during a heated argument at Third Avenue North Residence Hall. Police notification was declined. The case is now closed and has been referred to Student Conduct. 

Harassment

On Feb. 15 at 1:10 a.m., an NYU student in University Hall reported that another student was harassing her in person and over the phone. Police notification was declined. The case is still open and under investigation.

Disorderly Conduct

On Feb. 15 at 3:55 a.m., three NYU students residing in Carlyle Court Residence Hall reported that their roommate was being disorderly in their dormitory. Upon investigation, their roommate turned around and became physically aggressive toward various members of Public Safety. The police were immediately notified and the student was arrested. The case is now closed and has been referred to Student Conduct.

Forgery

On Feb. 15 at 6:34 a.m., a lost and found staff member reported a receipt of a forged instrument in 719 Broadway. Police notification was declined. The case is currently open and under investigation.

Larceny

On Feb. 13 at 10:42 p.m., an NYU student reported that her money was missing. According to reports, the money was placed in an unlocked locker in Palladium Athletic Facility. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 13 at 11:15 p.m., an NYU student reported that his bike was missing. According to reports, the student placed his bike under the No Standing sign outside 35 West 4th St. A police report was filed after the incident. The case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 14 at 3:00 p.m., an NYU Bookstore employee reported that a case of rings was missing from the NYU Bookstore. Police notification was declined. The case is open and under investigation.

On Feb. 14 at 3:45 p.m., an NYU student reported that his coat was missing from a classroom in Tisch Hall. A police report was immediately filed. The case of the student’s missing coat is currently open and under investigation.

Trespassing

On Feb. 11 at 11:15 p.m., an Aramark employee reported that another employee refused to leave the premise at Weinstein Residence Hall at the end of the day. The police were informed but arrived after the employee left. The case is currently open and under investigation.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Feb. 20 print edition. 

Email Jamie Karns at [email protected].