Charlie Dodge

Charlie Dodge, Creative Director

Charlie Dodge is a cartoonist/writer/junior at Gallatin studying 21st Century Storytelling. Originally a Californian, she has once again taken refuge in NYC this semester. She loves museums (especially the free ones) and has aspirations for a future curatorial career. Charlie frequently collaborates with Leo Sheingate, and posts way too many photos on Instagram @muckrakerdodge.

All content by Charlie Dodge
(Charlie Dodge for WSN)

Photo: Opinion: NYU’s mask policy is just for show

Jules Roscoe, Staff Writer Nov 22, 2021

(Charlie Dodge for WSN)

The first Student Government Assembly meeting of this semester took place last Thursday. Students’ concerns regarding COVID-19 guidelines and the recent shooting that happened outside the Tandon School of Engineering were addressed. (Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Health and safety take center stage at first fall 2021 student government meeting

Oct 5, 2021

The first Student Government Assembly meeting of this semester took place last Thursday. Students’ concerns regarding COVID-19 guidelines and the recent shooting that happened...

The COVID-19 restrictions implemented in resident halls have forced resident hall student governments to create a sense of community in their halls virtually.  They’ve held a variety of events, from cooking classes to trivia nights, all to foster a more tight-knit community. (Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Residence hall councils must find new ways to adapt to a remote year

Mar 18, 2021

The COVID-19 restrictions implemented in resident halls have forced resident hall student governments to create a sense of community in their halls virtually. They’ve held a...

March is Women’s History Month, and each week, WSNs Culture desk staff writers are taking turns to highlight influential women figures in their lives. (Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Women’s history month: an ode to the women in our lives

Mar 16, 2021

March is Women’s History Month, and each week, WSN's Culture desk staff writers are taking turns to highlight influential women figures in their lives. (Illustration by Charlie...

(Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: We’re Resigning from WSN. Here’s Why.

Sep 28, 2020

(Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

WSN is compiling resources that may be of help for protesting and reporting. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Safety Tips for Protesters and Student Journalists

The arts desk is back with some recommendations of singles you may have missed this week. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: Sept. 15 - Sept. 21

Sep 22, 2020

Several NYU couples choose to live together during the COVID-19 pandemic. Couples have had to make adjustments to their living situations, such as rearranging furniture and making lifestyle changes. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Moving in Together During a Pandemic: Why Now?

Sep 21, 2020

Several NYU couples choose to live together during the COVID-19 pandemic. Couples have had to make adjustments to their living situations, such as rearranging furniture and making...

“The Devil All The Time” is a new epic drama from director Antonio Campos.The film takes a few style cues from the Southern Gothic genre. The storyline is mostly linear with different groups of characters as their arcs intersect. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: ‘The Devil All the Time’: A Meditation on American Violence

Sep 18, 2020

“The Devil All The Time” is a new epic drama from director Antonio Campos.The film takes a few style cues from the Southern Gothic genre. The storyline is mostly linear with...

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: Sept. 7 - Sept. 14

Sep 15, 2020

Bill and Ted seek to return peace and good vibes to the future with the help of their daughters. This film marks the third collaboration between Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves, Chris Matheson, and Ed Solomon. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: ‘Bill & Ted Face the Music,’ A Most Excellent Exercise in Pure Entertainment

Sep 3, 2020

Bill and Ted seek to return peace and good vibes to the future with the help of their daughters. This film marks the third collaboration between Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves, Chris...

Michaela Coel’s semi-autobiographical HBO drama series “I May Destroy You” has ended its 12-week run. Coel created and starred in the emotional and complex narrative about sexual assault. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Warning, the Series Finale of “I May Destroy You” Might Actually Destroy You

Sep 2, 2020

Michaela Coel’s semi-autobiographical HBO drama series “I May Destroy You” has ended its 12-week run. Coel created and starred in the emotional and complex narrative about...

A mixed-media piece by WSN Creative Director Charlie Dodge captured in her dorm room. The concept of art and what it means to be an artist has shifted during the course of 2020. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge, Staff Photo by Leo Sheingate)

Photo: What It Means to Be an Artist in Our New World

Aug 31, 2020

A mixed-media piece by WSN Creative Director Charlie Dodge captured in her dorm room. The concept of art and what it means to be an artist has shifted during the course of 2020....

New York political campaigns have started to alter their course due to quarantine complications. Platforms like Twitter and Zoom are currently being used to spread campaign messages and promises. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Campaigning During the COVID-19 Pandemic

May 7, 2020

New York political campaigns have started to alter their course due to quarantine complications. Platforms like Twitter and Zoom are currently being used to spread campaign messages...

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: Final Edition of the Semester

May 7, 2020

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: April 17 - 24

Apr 24, 2020

The Saturday Night Passover Seder featuring Ben Platt among many other celebrities was a virtual event live-streamed from the Buzzfeed Tasty channel. This unconventional celebration united Jewish people worldwide while raising funds for the CDC Foundation’s Coronavirus Emergency Response Fund. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ Pleads for a More Accepting World

Apr 20, 2020

The Saturday Night Passover Seder featuring Ben Platt among many other celebrities was a virtual event live-streamed from the Buzzfeed Tasty channel. This unconventional celebration...

NYUs own competitive Quidditch Team reflects on the cancellation of their season. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: NYU Quidditch Team Rides Out Their Season’s Premature End

Apr 20, 2020

NYU's own competitive Quidditch Team reflects on the cancellation of their season. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: April 10 - April 16

Apr 17, 2020

Illustration by Charlie Dodge.

Photo: We Feed, Chapter 3

Leo Sheingate, Video Editor Apr 15, 2020

Illustration by Charlie Dodge.

With the abrupt end to their athletic season, NYU athletes find creative ways to remain active at home. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: NYU Athletes Discuss Their Quarantine Routines

Apr 13, 2020

Illustration by Charlie Dodge.

Photo: Magic and Glitter in Brooklyn: Interpreting the World Through Drag

Mandie Montes, UTA Senior Editor Apr 13, 2020

Illustration by Charlie Dodge.

With social distancing measures put into place, many students face the challenge of adapting to remote work for internships as well as classes. While some continue with similar tasks, others have had to pick up new skills. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Navigating the Transition to Remote Internships

Apr 13, 2020

With social distancing measures put into place, many students face the challenge of adapting to remote work for internships as well as classes. While some continue with similar...

Red Dragon Society is the best-known of NYU’s historic secret societies. The organization is a coed group exclusive to CAS seniors that has been around since 1898. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: CAS’ Red Dragon Society Emerges From the Shadows

Apr 13, 2020

Red Dragon Society is the best-known of NYU’s historic secret societies. The organization is a coed group exclusive to CAS seniors that has been around since 1898. (Staff Illustration...

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: April 3 - April 9

Apr 10, 2020

Photo: Weekly Radio Roundup: March 27 - April 2

Apr 3, 2020

J Balvin’s new album “Colores” explores his unique sound through ten tracks named after colors. His reggaeton style shines through different themes in each track, creating an album meant to be experienced as a whole. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: J Balvin’s Vibrant Plea for Positivity Radiates Like A Rainbow

Mar 30, 2020

J Balvin’s new album “Colores” explores his unique sound through ten tracks named after colors. His reggaeton style shines through different themes in each track, creating...

March is Women’s History Month, and it is about time to bring the struggles, identities and successes of marginalized women to the forefront of people’s minds. NYU students discuss some of their own experiences and the stories of the women who inspire them each day. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Women’s History Is Made Daily

Mar 24, 2020

March is Women’s History Month, and it is about time to bring the struggles, identities and successes of marginalized women to the forefront of people’s minds. NYU students...

Online gift cards, donations, live streams and more are still viable options during this time. The WSN Arts desk lists some ways you can still support independent artists from a safe social distance. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: How to Support New York’s Vibrant Independent Arts Scene

Mar 23, 2020

Online gift cards, donations, live streams and more are still viable options during this time. The WSN Arts desk lists some ways you can still support independent artists from...

NYU senior student-athletes react to the cancellation of their spring season. 
(Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: NYU Senior Athletes React to Their Final Season’s Early End

Mar 23, 2020

NYU senior student-athletes react to the cancellation of their spring season. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge

Photo: Women’s Tennis Remains Undefeated

Mar 9, 2020

Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge

Moses Sumney explores shades of gray in his newest album. “græ: Part I” features meaningful lyrics and powerful instrumentals.  (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Moses Sumney’s Maximalist Album Radiates With a Spectrum of Meanings

Feb 28, 2020

Moses Sumney explores shades of gray in his newest album. “græ: Part I” features meaningful lyrics and powerful instrumentals. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

(Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Wrestling Team Claims UAA Championship

Feb 18, 2020

(Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge

Photo: Men’s Basketball Ends Seven-Game Losing Streak

Feb 10, 2020

Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge

Masks are worn to prevent the spread of airborne diseases. In light of the recent coronavirus outbreak, many have taken heightened health measures. (Staff Illustration by Charlie Dodge)

Photo: Stigma Dominates Coronavirus Conversation in NYC

Feb 10, 2020

Masks are worn to prevent the spread of airborne diseases. In light of the recent coronavirus outbreak, many have taken heightened health measures. (Staff Illustration by Charlie...

Officer Crime Bot

Photo: Crime Bot

Feb 8, 2020