Alejandra Arevalo

Alejandra Arevalo, Deputy Under the Arch Editor

Alejandra is a CAS junior double-majoring in Journalism and Sociology with a minor in Integrated Digital Media. She is a trained visual artist in several media, including sculpture and embroidery, but photography is her favorite. She was born and raised in Lima, Peru but now spends her days between college in New York, home in L.A. and traveling around the world. Follow her adventures on Instagram @travel.ale.

All content by Alejandra Arevalo
UCCS senior Arantxa Chavez in her apartment’s balcony in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Chavez had recently moved in with her partner when the stay-at-home order began so they spent their quarantine unpacking and decorating their new place

Turning Zoom Into My Artistic Tool

Learning to photograph through a computer screen involved lots of errors, but once I learned to deal with them, I fell in love with the results.
Alejandra Arevalo, Contributing Writer Sep 21, 2020

Alejandra Arevalo.

NYU Class of 2020’s Commencement That Never Was

Seniors share their thoughts about celebrating commencement in their own ways and their words to their fellow graduates.
Alejandra Arevalo, Under the Arch Deputy Editor May 8, 2020

A few blocks away from the art foundation, a traditional Chinese portal welcomed everyone to Shanghai’s Old Street Fangbang Middle Road and Guangqi Road. There were small shops, restaurants and dozens of motorbikes dodging the pedestrians that were walking on the road because there wasn’t a proper sidewalk.

Shanghai Flâneur

A photographic compilation retracing my steps around the city I hope to visit again.
Alejandra Arevalo, Under the Arch Deputy Editor Mar 9, 2020

Best NYU Dorm Views

Best NYU Dorm Views

What the headline says.
Alejandra Arevalo, UTA Deputy Editor Feb 20, 2020

Living in the heart of New York City is a privilege that few have, and NYU dorm residents are within those few. From waking up to a view of the Empire State Building to studying...

Tandon graduate student and FCBR midfielder Abel Kumar (first row center) and his teammates after their game against World 9. (Photo by Alejandra Arevalo)

Pier 40 is a Soccer Oasis in a Concrete Desert

NYU soccer aficionados have found an international community in the worn-down fields of Pier 40.
Alejandra Arevalo, Contributing Writer Nov 27, 2019

Pier 40 is home to worn-down multi-purpose turf fields that serve the purposes of baseball, soccer or any other sport that players who descend on the fields want to play. Pieces...

Jessie and returning students Keyiona Roulhac (left) and Michelle Colon (center) doing their final performance of the choreography they learned in this class for the song China by Puerto Rican rapper Anuel AA.

Curves With Moves

Latina dancer celebrates heritage and body positivity through dance.
Alejandra Arevalo, Contributing Photographer Nov 15, 2019

After years of feeling underrepresented in auditions and dance teams as a plus-size Latina dancer, Jessie Diaz-Herrera turned to Instagram to share her talent. After the warm online...

Chef Franco Noriega outside his restaurant, Baby Brasa in West Village in front of a mural that is part of his art collective “The New Allen.”

Chef: Model-Turned-Restaurateur Franco Noriega

Alejandra Arevalo, Contributing Writer Mar 6, 2018
Chef is the start of a new series showcasing the masterminds behind New York City's famed restaurants. This week welcome Franco Noriega, model-turned chef.
Yoga for the People on St. Marks Place offers donation based classes.

Fitness Options That You Can Afford

Alejandra Arevalo, Contributing Writer Feb 7, 2018
Want to go to fitness classes but don't want to spend a lot of money? Look no further!