How to Compare Third-party ITSM Solutions

Sponsored by Sysaid

Organizations today place information technology management as one of the most vital aspects of their business. Business flow process, competitive edge, and productivity rely on information technology. The advancements and developments in technology increase its responsibility and reach, as there are more needs, risks and challenges.  

Companies such as SysAid Technologies provide new solutions or software to answer the needs of companies for an IT service management (ITSM) tool. An ITSM helps deliver IT services effectively and consistently without or very few downtimes. ITSM standardizes your processes, streamlines basic tasks and provides organizations with credible data to help them make smart and rightful decisions. 

With the number of companies offering ITSM solutions, organizations should base their decisions to implement after studying the credentials and reputation of the vendor or supplier and understand the features and capabilities of their software.  

Features of an ITSM solution 

A more robust ITSM suite includes several features, such as:

• Service desk and help desk tools
  • Problem and incident management
  • Consolidated ticket management
  • IT asset control
  • Knowledge centers and self-help interface for customers
  • License supervision
  • Performance analytics and metrics

While these features are essential, it is still vital that you compare each ITSM tool in your shortlist. Careful analysis of each software helps you choose the program that fits the most pressing needs of your company. Here are some ways for you to compare third party ITSM solutions. 

Tips for comparing ITSM solution 

Assess the maturity of the ITSM

Since most vendors will present you with a specific product that has almost or comparable features, it is vital to assess the product’s maturity. The assessment means that you have to know how the product will perform in the future, for example, five years from now. You know that tech developments happen continually, thus you should see if you can still use your ITSM solution after a few years.  

Check how it integrates with your existing tools and systems

An IT organization has its set of management tools for its IT services and each of its domain has its set of management tools. When you want to add an ITSM tool, be sure that it will integrate perfectly with what you already have. Proper integration means that you do not have to purchase additional programs. What you need to do is analyze your IT management tools, determine their capabilities and look for an ITSM that will supplement and complement your own set. The configuration and customization should not entail costly professional services or development resources.   

Features to improve end-user and customer satisfaction

The primary purpose of ITSM is to enhance customer experience and satisfaction. While providing instructions to a customer to help solve his or her problem, it is also essential to teach them to help themselves. Look for an ITSM program that has a self-service portal where the customer can find solutions for simple tech problems and provide them with timely and relevant information to enhance their user experience. 

Learn the features you need to look for when comparing ITSM tools. If you establish what you need, you’ll have a guide regarding which software to purchase.