Rconic Collections by AMIAT Fall/Winter 2015

Kate Marin, Contributing Writer

The Rconic Collections by AMIAT (All Moods in All Textiles) debuted its Fall/Winter 2015 collection on Feb. 13 at the Affinia Hotel. Combining modern patterns and textures with classic craftsmanship, Rconic’s collection aims to create a balance of style that appeals to men and women around the world, regardless of their mood.

A pink floral print fabric was used for a coat-dress tailored with a stiff collar and a simple strappy knee-length dress, both paired with a luxurious fur shawl. This color palette was carried out through several other looks along with thick wools, glossy silks and synthetics. One of the standout looks from the womenswear collection was a baby pink button-up coat and skirt combination, accentuated at the waist and embellished with a brassy statement necklace.

The menswear collection was rich with light-washed denim-on-denim, silk tops, monochrome blazers and plenty of bold accessories. One of the AMIAT designers, Tamil Robinson, has worked extensively with sports apparel companies such as Puma and NFL, and continues this aesthetic throughout his menswear pieces for Rconic. Each look was a unification of urban energy and complete sophistication— a collection ready to be worn right off the runway.

Email Kate Marin at [email protected]