Rebecca Taylor Spring/Summer 2015

Caroline Aghajanian, Contributing Writer

Silk chiffon, embroidered flowers, fluttered tops and dresses dominated the runway of Rebecca Taylor’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection.

Model Waleska started the show wearing a midsummer paisley print double-layered silk chiffon dress. This eye-catching look continued to be a most highlighted theme of the collection.

Blue crush and tiger lily embroidered flowers on lilac dresses and tops was another recurring style sent down the runway. One of the most notable of these looks was the tiger lily-embroidered flowers on a wisteria colored flutter sleeve dress.

The New Zealand designer even featured a beautiful summer sky colored linen trench coat on the runway not once but twice.

All of the models sported natural makeup from MAC with their hair parted to the side and tied in a lower loop, all styled by Orlando Beauchamp from TRESemmé.

Backstage after the show, Taylor shared her inspiration for this season’s 2015 collection.

“I was inspired by the two years experience in England as a young child, shopping in the markets in Portobello with my mom,” Taylor said.

She also explained that all of her gorgeous pastel colors were inspired by the Indian Holly Festival.

One of the most notable celebrity attendees at the show was “America’s Next Top Model’s” J. Alexander, commonly known as Miss J. From Miss J to bloggers and beyond, spectators were enamored with Rebecca Taylor’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection.

Email Caroline Aghajanian at [email protected].