Noon by Noor Fall/Winter 2014

Gianna Collier-Pitts, Violet Vision Editor

Click for more looks from Noon by Noor F/W 2014.

Accompanied by the hypnotizing sounds of a loud bass mixed with the lyrics of Lorde, Noon by Noor’s Fall/Winter runway show overflowed with prints and textures inspired by nature, and included various eco-friendly fabrics such as neoprene, felt, and faux fur. The collection kicked off with layered tops and a mauve, relaxed pant paired with an oversized coat, a nod to menswear that could be seen throughout several ensembles.

Started by Bahraini designers Shaikha Noor Al Khalifa and Shaikha Haya Al Khalifa, the brand looks for harmony between Eastern and Western cultures, which was evident in their blending of signature geometric prints and understated silhouettes. The color palette ranged from beige and vanilla to navy and burgundy with hints of mauve and chartreuse shown in pants and coats, along with gemstone embellishments running around the hem and bodice of several gowns.

Royal touches were also noticeable with the choice of a deep purple lip that complemented the richness of the clothing hues without taking away from the looks. Models wore their hair pulled back into a sleekly finished ponytail from the top, releasing into a teased wild mane in the back.

Special guests in attendance included photographer and TV personality Nigel Barker, model Coco Rocha, singer Solange Knowles, and DJ Leigh Lezark.

Noon by Noor’s recent collection appeared to be a battle of the balance—between glamour and modesty, freedom and restraint and masculine tailoring and feminine couture. Fortunately, it was a battle successfully won.

Gianna Collier-Pitts is the editor of Violet Vision. Email her at [email protected].