13th Street residence hall

Click the image above to see more pictures of 13th street residence hall.

The 13th Street residence hall, also known as the Senior House, is quite possibly the least dormy of all residence halls — it’s a perfect transition from college housing to real-world New York apartments. Stay in the familiar, convenient embrace of residence hall life while experiencing the independence of the adult world. The Senior House may have more perks than a student-budget New York apartment with its spacious rooms, walk-in closets and  full kitchen — dishwasher included. There is a laundry room in the building, and washing and drying is cheap.

The resident hall sits on a quiet block between Fifth and Sixth Avenues. The location can’t get much better — it’s a short walk from campus, Union Square is a stone’s throw away and Murray’s Bagels, Starbucks and Rite Aid are all down the street. There is access to multiple subway lines within a three-block radius. Bonus: there’s a Biscuits & Bath a few doors down with cute puppies who are constantly playing.

If walking through a never-ending dungeon-like tunnel to get to and from the dorm each day sounds like fun, go with the North tower. If it doesn’t, go with the South tower. Either way, 13th Street is a nice place to end an undergraduate career.

— Carrie Courogen