Charlotte Ronson Fall/Winter 2014

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

• Christopher Minafo for WSN

Bryna Shuman, Features Editor

In her signature style of mixed patterns, Charlotte Ronson presented a stunning Fall 2014 collection that was edgy and modern while still maintaining a distinctive touch of English, feminine elegance.  “My inspiration for this season’s collection was Little Lord Fauntleroy,” said Ronson.

The collection, indeed, had a distinctive British touch. Skirts were long, necklines were high and everything was impeccably tailored. The variety of patterns and styles displayed, however, gave the collection a fresh edge. Simple black lace and dark velvet was offset by cool paisley and a bold, red poppy print. While normally such a wide variety of colors and textures would clash when paired together, they instead compliment each other perfectly. A lively floral skirt with bright pinks and cobalts was paired with a high cut, dark velvet A-line jacket.  An all-black ensemble mixed a velvet crop top with a striped mesh skirt.

The stylistic detailing on the pieces and the carefully chosen accessories rounded out the collection and pulled it all together. A black leather mini-dress might have been boring, yet the carefully scalloped neckline instead made it breathtaking.  A simple slip dress in a poppy print could have been unremarkable, if not for geometric mesh paneling on the sides and laced-up back.  A pleated felt skirt was held up across a lace white blouse with a pair of suspenders. Some models sported simple and understated gold accessories, while others wore wide-brimmed hats or a crown of black flowers. The models’ hair was pulled back in low, knotted buns, and their make-up was simple and fresh, contrasting with the boldness of Ronson’s designs.

The collection wove together the best of classic British elegance with the boldess of modern Manhattan, to a presentation that was new and unpredictable, yet still undeniably Charlotte Ronson.

Bryna Shuman is the features editor. Email her at [email protected].