When The Highlighter first started, it was used merely as a home for the overflow of content the WSN Arts desk was producing. A newspaper has a finite amount of space, and there just wasn’t enough room for reviews of the new Old 97’s album or weekly reviews of “Community” episodes, so the blog became a safe haven for our less-than-mainstream articles.
Eventually, The Highlighter evolved into something greater. Through the hard work of our writers and editors, the blog began to take on the personality of the Arts desk. We installed weekly columns that commented on the themes and trends of today’s arts scene. These columns range from considering at roles that could have been to in-depth looks into a musician’s influence. Check out a sample of The Highlighter below and visit it at wsnhighlighter.com.
Josh Johnson is arts editor. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food