LSP sophomore Naomi Lam shares her easy beauty routine, simple secrets for flawless, defined features and fall beauty trends she’s most looking forward to trying.
Question: What fall beauty trends are you excited for?
Answer: I’m really excited for earth tone eyeshadows to go with all the beautiful muted tones you find in clothing.
Q: What is an easy beauty routine in the morning before class?
A: If I’m in a hurry, I just put on concealer to touch up on blemishes and dark circles because less is more. I add a little bit of eyeliner. It takes five minutes and it’s easy.
Q: With the weather getting cooler, skin starts drying out as well. What are your favorite ways to keep your skin hydrated in the fall and winter?
A: I’m really into serum. Right now I’m using the Green Tea Seed Serum from Innisfree, a Korean cosmetic company. It’s moisturizing but not heavy at the same time so it feels really refreshing.
Q: What are your beauty secrets?
A: I think highlighting and contouring really makes a difference, especially because I’m Asian. It brings out more dimension in my bone structure. I use a light shimmer eyeshadow to highlight my brow bone, cheek bone and nose bridge. I use bronzer to contour the sides of my nose and underneath my cheekbones.
For earth tone eyeshadows, go for coordinated palates such as Smashbox’s Photo Op Trio in Filter ($28). For a dewy complexion, try Sephora Collection Light Touch Highlighter ($3).
A version of this article appeared in the Wednesday, Sept. 19 print edition. Sydney Wu is a contributing writer. Email her at email@example.com.
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food