DIY: The Folder Holder
Do you want to get rid of the huge stack of folders, notebooks and magazines on your desk? Do you want to avoid spending a fortune on a desk organizer? Using an old cereal box and a few household items, you can build your own without breaking the bank. This DIY project is a cheap and easy way to organize folders and magazines while adding a creative flair to your dorm room or apartment. Make multiple organizers to keep your desk area looking clean, organized and stylish.
To complete this project, you will need:
- A rectangular cardboard box or large cereal box (any size depending on your preference)
- Glue or tape
- Your favorite wrapping paper, magazine pictures or decorations
- A black marker
1. Cut off all flaps on top of the cardboard box.
2. On the top of the box, measure three inches from the upper right hand corner and make a mark with a black marker.
3. Using a ruler, draw a straight diagonal line from your mark to the opposite side of the box.
4. Cut along the black line.
5. Follow the same instructions for the other side of the box.
8. Glue or tape on your favorite wallpaper, magazine pictures, or draw your own design.
9. Use your new folder holder to organize your magazines, folders and notebooks. To make a sturdier holder, use a larger cardboard box and store heavier books and portfolios.
For more ideas on dorm DIY projects, visit www.thecollegejuice.com.
Kayla Keegan is a contributing writing writer. Email her at email@example.com.
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food