Venexiana is known for their colorful evening gowns with an edgy rock ‘n’ roll flair. However this season, designer, Kati Stern, also incorporated some unexpectedly delicate details.
The show started out with softer, more feminine pieces that varied from blush to champagne gowns with lace, beading, and even crystal embellishment. The show’s ambiance and atmosphere matched these garments with a dimmer lighting and softer music.
But like any Venexiana fashion show, the collection along with the atmosphere drastically changed when Stern revealed her edgier pieces anchored by black gowns with metallic beading, sequins, and feathers. These rock inspired gowns were contrasted by the models’ natural makeup palette and soft romantic up-dos. The last piece of the collection combined married both Stern’s softer style with her signature edgy look. The garment, a strapless soft pink and black gown, drew awes with its checkered pattern and crystal embroidered bodice. Venexiana drew an eclectic crowd including former Real Housewife of New York Alex McCord and current Miss Universe.
Nicole Hajjar is a contributing writer. Email her at email@example.com
Click the photo for more looks from VANTAN TOKYO. VANTAN TOKYO is either the only design school participating in Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, or the only Japanese design school, depending on personal interpretation of the poorly translated press information. The three …Read More »
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food