This season, Katya Leonovich took a softer and a more conventional route than her previous spring collection. Leonovich used soft fabrics like charmeuse, chiffon and taffeta to create beautiful flowing garments. The pieces featured different techniques such as pleats, plisse and crinkles to give them an elegant sense of movement as the models walked down the runway.
The collection started off with a palette of grey hues, which later incorporated cool hues of green, blue, pink and purple. Leonovich also incorporated different styles and cuts into her collection. She used butterfly sleeves and cap sleeves, and also worked with leather to create a painted corset. Accessories were used minimally, putting most of the focus on the garments.
Each model had their hair pulled back into a sleek bun with a shining headband that perfectly coordinated with the colors of their garments. The models’ makeup was done in a very natural and fresh-faced way in keeping with the overall soft look of the collection.
Layla Ilchi is a contributing writer. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the photo for more looks from VANTAN TOKYO. VANTAN TOKYO is either the only design school participating in Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, or the only Japanese design school, depending on personal interpretation of the poorly translated press information. The three …Read More »
- Weekend Roam: Little Germany
- WSN Editorial Board reflects on spring semester events
- Strawberry Festival promises delicious, intergalactic fun
- Clive Davis Institute collaborates with DJ Swivel
- Best places to dine on dumplings
- 'Heroes' is not super enough for Xbox Live film program launch
- NYU SLAM sees victory through 'badidas' campaign
- Victoria Ettore elected student council president
- Hester Street Fair hosts diverse vendors, delicious food